Goood morning peeps! Can you tell I’m finally feeling a little better?!! What a nasty virus!! Hopefully, now I can get these last few cards posted. So brace yourselves for a deluge of posts today. : )
The next session of Papertrey Ink’s Stamp-a-Faire 2016 was Masterpiece Inspirations with the Team. There’s an interesting clip of part of the commencement speech Neil Gaiman gave to the Pennsylvania University of the Arts 2012 graduating class (here). Each of the designers did a fab and inspiring job of taking a masterpiece as inspiration for their projects!
I’ve always been fond of Monet’s works, especially his water lilies, which is probably why I also love the McKee Botanical Garden, as areas of it remind me of his pond:
So, I chose to use Dawn McVey’s inspiration of Calude Monet’s Waterlilies as a springboard for my card.
Here is what I came up with:
I watercolored the background and, to add dimension and texture, I cut out the Garden Gild cover plate die and watercolored it, too. Then, like the true blonde that I am, I discovered my watercolored background was too small for the cover plate die cut. Argh! But with a little snipping, it was easily sized down and barely noticeable.
- Papertrey Ink Make it Market Mini: Garden Gild cover plate die
- Papertrey Ink Floral Sketches stamp set
- Canson cold press watercolor paper
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress inks: Dusty Concord, Mermaid Lagoon, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Wilted Violet
- Versamark ink
- Recollections Neon Rose embossing powder
- Recollections shimmer card
- Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one if you’d like more details as to how to play along:
- Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Masterpiece Inspirations
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Add Some Texture
- Virginia’s View Challenge – All About Color
- CropStop Linky Party #18 – Anything Goes
- The Daily Marker’s 30 day Coloring Challenge (via Instagram)
I’ll be back soon! Thanks for stopping by and for all your encouraging comments!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.