Well, it’s the final wrap-up for Papertrey Ink’s Stamp-a-Faire 2016.
After this you’ll have a bit of a break from me. Now that I’m starting to feel better, I’ve got to catch up on everything I’ve let go this past week. At least I had some fun crafting to distract me!
The final session was on Color Blocking – Andy Warhol Style.
I had to step WAY out of my comfort zone for this, but I did give it a go. By the way, a helpful tip: When you’re using masking tape to block off already colored sections, don’t just move it over the next section as some of the ink will stick to it and be transferred to the next block. Ask me how I know! Lol!
Unfortunately I didn’t have the shades of red and green that I wanted, but it still turned out Warhol-esque. I cut up the sentiments and merged them together to get this saying which seemed so apropos to both this crazy style and the implied crazy-like-a-fox. I placed everything off-kilter to match this chaotic style.
- Papertrey Ink Love You To Pieces: Fox stamp set
- Papertrey Ink dye inks: Hibiscus Burst & Orange Zest
- Memento dye inks: Bahama Blue, Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion, Nautical Blue
- ColorBox Archival dye ink Beach Towels set: Red Devil
- Copic Markers: B05, 29; G02; R39; RV02; Y13; YR04
- Recollections white and creamcardstock
- DCWV card
- Tombow mono adhesive
- Misc. washi tape
I’m playing along with the following challenges – click on any one if you’d like more details as to how to play along:
- Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Color Blocking
- CropStop Linky Party #18 – Anything Goes
- Virginia’s View Challenge – All About Color
- The Daily Marker’s 30 day Coloring Challenge (via Instagram)
Well, that was the last session from Stamp-a-Faire 2016. I enjoyed learning about some of the Masters of Art and using their works as springboards for new cards. I learned some new techniques and now have a nice set of cards ready to use! I’m already looking forward to next year’s Stamp-a-Faire! Hope to see you there!!
As I take my leave, I wish you a all well and thank you for your support!
p.s. any ads on this page are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.