There is a fine line between Girlie and Gaudy and I think I may have crossed it today.
I wanted to use the left over negative die cuts from THIS shaker card. I cut two of the Vintage Filigree Layers dies in both pink and white and snipped them into pieced to make it fit around the labels die. Things were rolling along just fine, tho I WAS getting a little pearl happy, but then I looked at the two upper corners and they looked so BARE. I figured they needed some white lace to offset the white at the bottom. Once on, I wasn’t thrilled and just kept adding.
Note to self: REMEMBER – Less is more!! lol!
A dear friend stopped by and dropped off some fresh cut flowers and some amazing chicken dumpling soup from Whole Foods. Since I knew she was coming and would like something over-the-top, I hurried to finish it and gave it to her. She was thrilled. Whew! Now I see that I forgot my standard bit of chalking around the edge. Sigh. (Wait – didn’t I just say less is more?!!)
- Spellbinders dies: A2 Curved Borders; Labels 4; Shapeabilities Inspire Celebration Two, Tea Cups
- JustRite Spellbinders die: Vintage Filigree Layers
- Core’dinations Cardstock – white
- Recollections card and Floral Bunches paper
- Recollections: Boutique Fleur mulberry paper mini roses, lace on a roll, rhinestone stickers, faux pearls
- Copic marker RV04
- The Paper Studio – Gemstones pearl, small, flourish
- Offray Elegant loop flower with pearls
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Misc. flower pearls
In case you haven’t already joined the fun, but are thinking about it, there are a few days left on the hops and challenges I am participating in… just click on the highlighted names below to get more information on each:
- DL.Art March Linky Challenge Anything goes
I hope your crafty day is going better than mine! See you soon.
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.