Hello, and welcome!
There’s a lot going on today that influenced this card, so let me tell you about some of it…
First, I took a leap into unknown territory as Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge encouraged us (HERE) by custom blending my own background and using a stencil with my inks, following the great Instructional video on Papertrey Ink’s Make it Monday #241 (HERE). I wanted to join Darnell’s NBUS Challenge #6 (HERE), so I pulled out some of my NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) – a Heidi Swapp stencil and my new Papertrey Ink Tulip Time stamps and dies. And, since Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge is Touchy-Feely (HERE), I pulled out some adhesive foam tabs to pop up the flowers and butterflies for some added texture.
First, I blended my Ombre background.
Ombré: having colors or tones that shade into each other
Then I stenciled in the hearts using more ink for a tone-on-tone look:
And I added in the stamped and die-cut tulips and butterflies. I keep forgetting that solid dies like these are tricky to work with and get lined up well, but they came out tolerable…
And, yes, if your eyesight is particularly good, there do appear to be some aphids and gnats flying around the tulips. I can’t find my Tombow mono sand eraser to fix it, so I’m going to leave them for a more ‘natural’ (read: imperfect) look. lol! I like how this turned out and will probably make a few more of these in the near future.
- Papertrey Ink Tulip Time stamps and dies, Boutique Borders: Friends mini stamp set
- Papertrey Ink Dye Inks: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz
- Simon Says Stamp Hybrid Ink: Goldenlocks
- Memento Dye Inks: Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout, Tuxedo Black
- Heidi Swapp Confetti Stencil
- Core’dinations cardstock – white & pink
- Recollections Craft It gold card
- Tombow mono adhesive
- American Crafts This to That adhesive foam tabs
I’m playing along with the following hops and challenges, in case you’d like to join the fun:
- Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge: A Leap into the Unknown (HERE)
- Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge: Touchy-Feely (HERE)
- Carolyn Dube’s AColorfulJourney.com Let’s Play (I haven’t been to the hardware store yet, but she kindly allows ANY crafty play in) HERE
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!
p.s. Any ads you may see on my blog are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.