Happy Friday! You say goodbye and I say hello! Hello! HELLO!! Ok, enough of the Beetles song stuck in my head. Here’s the card I have for you today:
I’ve been playing with a watercolor lifting technique that I saw over on Jennifer Mcguire’s blog. (You can get the details here.) First I scribbled my Tombow markers over watercolor paper and blended with water, then clear embossed my Hero Arts background stamp.
Then lift the color with a wet paper towel.
The part under the embossing stays dark and the rest lightens. I thought I’d try to save that lifted ink and tried just laying a damp dryer sheet or a damp paper towel over the image and pressing down, but it really needed rubbing to lift off the ink, so my little idea of getting some extra mileage out of it didn’t work. I suppose if you did enough of the same color, you could saturate the paper towel enough to re-use it in another project. That wasn’t happening today, though. I’ll have another post on this, soon, comparing the technique with other mediums.
- Hero Arts Antique Brocade and Asian Frames stamp sets
- Papertrey Ink Swoosh die
- Tombow Dual Brush Pens:195, 243, 673, 676, 685, 703, 723
- Versamark ink
- JoAnn Craft Essentials clear embossing powder
- Recollections Ebony Detail embossing powder
- Hampton Arts green embossing powder
- Core’dinations cream & green cardstock
- Neenah Astroparche cardstock
- Nicole Spangles flower sequins
- Tombow Xtreme permanent adhesive
- Ranger Inkssentials glossy accents
- Misc ribbon
I’m playing along with the following challenges if you’d like to check them out:
- Hero Arts Fabulous Flowers Challenge: https://heroarts.com/challenge/
- All the Sparkle inspiration pallete: http://www.allthesparkle.com/ig2khop/
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inspired by a Song: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=4167
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-24/
- Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Floral: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-february-2016/
I hope to be back soon with more cards as they get finished up. Thanks for stopping by!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.