Hello dear friends, followers and visitors! Brace yourselves, today I hope to post several cards that I have been working on the past week, but have been too ill to post.
Let’s start with a card for Papertrey Ink’s 9th anniversary celebration’s Day 10 challenge using their papercrafting alphabet:
Using D.Ann, I come up with:
- D – Add detail -with a paper piercer (or white pen)
- A – Add a border
- N – Try a new product that you purchased but haven’t used yet (which happens to be Simon Says Stamp’s Work It Wednesday Challenge)
I also wanted this card to fit Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge of Spritz & Spray and their Wednesday Challenge of a One Layer Card So, with all that in mind, here is what I came up with:
I spritzed and sprayed some Tattered Angels Glimmer mists, three of which were new but unused. I stamped with my new-to-me and unused til now Papertrey Ink Mat Stack 2 stamps. I don’t have any pierced border dies, and didn’t want to pierce each hole individually, so I dove into my sewing kit and used my serrated tracing wheel to do a nice pierced border. To add more interest, I embossed around the sentiment. I love how the Brilliance ink and the Glimmer Mists shine!:
The inside was nicely embossed and pierced, so I stamped another sentiment inside, brushed an inkpad over the embossing and used some chalks to finish it off:
It’s going in the mail on Tuesday to a sweet friend who sent me a yummy home-cooked meal yesterday.
- Papertrey Ink stamps: Mat Stack 2 Collection & In Bloom
- Papertrey Ink SAF2014 – Renaissance die
- Dritz serrated tracing wheel
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists: Bahama Blue, Bubble Light Green, Caribbean Blue, & Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Tsukineko Brilliance Pigment Ink: Crimson Copper
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Ink: Teal Zeal
- Pebbles, Inc. chalks
- Recollections white cardstock
I’m playing along with the following challenges in case you’d like to join:
- Papertrey Ink Day 10: Papercrafting Alphabet: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2016/02/2016-anniversary-set-painted-petals.html
- Simon Says Stamp’s Monday Challenge: Spritz & Spray – http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=4163
- Simon Says Stamp’s Wednesday Challenge: One Layer: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-one-layer/
- Mint Owl Studio’s Share the Love event http://mintowlstudio.blogspot.com/2016/02/share-love-blog-hop_8.html
- Simon Says Stamp’s Work It Wednesday – use something new: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-january-2016/
Edited to add: Since that was so easy and since Papertrey Ink’s Day 9 Saturday Snail Mail challenge was to make a thank yo u card for their warehouse staff, I made another the same way:
The only difference is that on the inside of this one I used a sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Flower Fusion #8 mini stamp set. I’ll enter this on in their contest via Instagram so there’s one less post today.
- Re-edited to add: Since I’ve rarely used my poor neglected Glimmer Mists, I’m adding this to A Colorful Journey’s Let’s Play challenge link for this week: https://acolorfuljourney.com/lets-play-with-lace/
- and: Thank you, Karen, for recommending CropStop’s Linky Party #13 anything goes – I’m deligted to join in the fun!: http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/cropstop-linky-party-13/
Thanks for stopping by and thanks in advance for your patience with today’s plethora of posts (assuming I get them done!). : )
Be back in a jiff…
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.