Hello again! Thanks for your patience as I struggle to get on an even keel again.
Today’s project was inspired by Papertrey Ink’s Dress Up Inspiration Challenge – To design something based on a piece of clothing from your closet. And by Simon Says Stamp’s Have a Heart Wednesday Challenge
I chose this T-shirt as my inspiration:
And made this tag:
The background is made from a Kleenex tissue colored with Color Bursts. I found a cool tutorial on this technique HERE, and decided to try it. This was my first time trying Color Bursts.
First you sprinkle a bit of the colors you want to use on a craft mat. These are highly pigmented powders, so just a tiny dab will go a long way!
Then you spritz with water.
Then take a Kleenex tissue, pull apart and lay on the color, smooshing around until all the color is absorbed and the entire tissue colored to your liking. You may want to add more water as needed. Let dry.
I then decoupaged part of one sheet to a wooden tag and stamped my images over it once it was dry.
I love the texture and rich colors it gave the piece! Since my shirt had sequins, I added some pearls and Craftin’ Desert Divas new heart sequins, too.
- Papertrey Ink stamps:
- SAF2014 Regency
- SAF2014 Renaissance
- Spiral Bouquet
- Papertrey Ink Die: Swoosh
- Tsukineko Memento Dye Inks: Elderberry & Sweet Plum
- Tsukineko VersaMagic Chalk Ink: Spanish Olive
- Tsukineko Brilliance pigment inks: Pearlescent Crimson, Starlight Silver
- Ken Oliver Color Bursts: Indigo, Merlot, Yellow Ochre
- Craftin’ Desert Divas fuchsia heart sequins
- Queen & Co lavender pearls
- Plaid Royal Coat decoupage finish clear
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Recollections wood tag
- Kleenex tissue
- Misc metallic paper, ribbon and tissue
I’m playing along with the following challenges:
- Papertrey Ink Dress Up Challenge: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2016/02/introducing-dress-up-dolls.html
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Have a Heart :http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-have-a-heart-3/
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday January 2016: Something New (Color Bursts & Craftin’ Desert Divas sequins) http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-january-2016/
- Edited to add: Since I hadn’t done decoupage in ages, I’m adding this to A Colorful Journey’s Let’s Play challenge link for this week: https://acolorfuljourney.com/lets-play-with-lace/
Thanks again for stopping by!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.