Hello, again. What’s mew with you? >^.^<
The Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop continues, and today I have a fun card using up-cycled coffee cup sleeves and coffee filter flowers in fall colors.
I like the background the Panera coffee sleeve provides for the fussy-cut cat from The Cat’s Pajamas. The coffee cup was cut from a Dunkin’ Donuts sleeve.
Coloring those coffee filter flowers new technique for me to try, but it turned out to be quite easy. In case you’d like to try, here’s how I did it:
I die cut my The Cat’s Pajamas posies and leaves first… It might have been easier to die the whole filter first, but I never do anything the easy way. ha.
Then I smooshed my Distress ink pads onto a craft mat and spritzed them with water
Next I dragged my die- cut pieces through the ink until they were saturated to my liking.
When I ran out of ink, I’d just spritz more water on the darker ones and drag them along, leaving a trail of ink for a lighter one to use.
Separate and lay flat to dry.For the greens, this results in an ombre look – varying tones of greens.
To Make the flower, I gathered 4 of the flowers, rotating the leaves slightly and made a slit in the middle, inserting a brad. Then I lifted up each layer and squished it around the brad. You can see the three sages below.
- The Cat’s Pajamas dies: 5 Petal Posies, Lacy Posies, and Leaf Scrolls
- The Cat’s Pajamas stamp set: What’s Mew?
- DCWV card
- Coffee filters
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey (flowers) Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters (leaves)
- Versamark Ink
- Recollections detail embossing powder: ebony
- Uniball gel impact pen – gold
- Zig chalk writer – pink
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I am entering this card in the following hops and challenges:
- Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop: http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/09/2015-fall-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/
- The Cat’s Pajamas TCP Tuesday (TCPTUES299) Anything Goes: http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/tcp-tuesday-tcptues299-anything-goes-challenge/
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Ombre (greens) http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3122
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – No designer patterned paper http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-no-designer-paper
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday September 2015 Challenge – Use a stamp
If you missed my post with blog candy, you can find it HERE. There will be another one coming soon, so stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by today. I always appreciate your kind comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
very pretty, great idea to upcycle the coffee sleeve
Great idea to use coffee filters like that! I haven’t seen that before. Awsome coffee card!
cute use of Panera cup and pretty flower
I see a kitty! I love this! Great card!
Very cool flower tutorial 😉
Wow – how cool is this! I love those paper flowers – thanks for explaining how you achieved the look.
These came out great I love reusing mine to. They are so cool, I never want to throw mine away, thanks for the inspiration!! Have a blessed day
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
Your flowers are so fun! Thank you for participating in The Cat’s Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.
A cool creation and recycling one, love those coffee filter flowers!
Great ideas! !!
Cool cat, D.Ann, love the flowers! Happy hopping!
LOVE your flowers and CUTE card!!!
Happy Coffee Day! Oh love that SU! cat, I have made many fun cards with it too. Yours is wonderful.
Very creative & cute!
Beautiful and CLEVER! Great flower and coffee cup sleeve
Oh, so clever and creative! What an awesome way to upcycle both your coffee cup sleeve and to use up those filters!
EXcellent upcycling! Love your card!
love how you incorporated all of those real coffee elements 🙂 thank you for playing a long with ys at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!
Wow, that flower is gorgeous!
Love that upcycling!! Great ideas for coffee filters and coffee sleeves. And what a darling little kitty and her sweet little cup. Love that pink pith helmet!! : )
Awesome!! The coffee filter flower look is pretty and delicate!! Thanks for the tutorial!
Such a cool technique!!
Fabulous card. Love the flower and all the different elements you used to create this card ♥
Awesome! Thanks for the ideas… I have a big stash of coffee cup filters that were going to be thrown away and have been planning on making flowers… thanks for the inspiration to get started… maybe tomorrow is the day…
beautiful flower – thanks for info on making them!
Beautiful card, love the recycling and love that cat stamp! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie
Never thought to save coffee cup sleeves. Great job and adds a lot of texture to the card. Great flower and color. Love it.
Wow! I don’t think a coffee filter has ever looked better! And you used the coffee sleeve, too, which adds a great touch of texture. Thanks for making me look at my “garbage” in a whole new way! And thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!