Hello, again. What’s mew with you? >^.^<
The Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop continues, and today I have a fun card using up-cycled coffee cup sleeves and coffee filter flowers in fall colors.
I like the background the Panera coffee sleeve provides for the fussy-cut cat from The Cat’s Pajamas. The coffee cup was cut from a Dunkin’ Donuts sleeve.
Coloring those coffee filter flowers new technique for me to try, but it turned out to be quite easy. In case you’d like to try, here’s how I did it:
I die cut my The Cat’s Pajamas posies and leaves first… It might have been easier to die the whole filter first, but I never do anything the easy way. ha.
Then I smooshed my Distress ink pads onto a craft mat and spritzed them with water
Next I dragged my die- cut pieces through the ink until they were saturated to my liking.
When I ran out of ink, I’d just spritz more water on the darker ones and drag them along, leaving a trail of ink for a lighter one to use.
Separate and lay flat to dry.For the greens, this results in an ombre look – varying tones of greens.
To Make the flower, I gathered 4 of the flowers, rotating the leaves slightly and made a slit in the middle, inserting a brad. Then I lifted up each layer and squished it around the brad. You can see the three sages below.
- The Cat’s Pajamas dies: 5 Petal Posies, Lacy Posies, and Leaf Scrolls
- The Cat’s Pajamas stamp set: What’s Mew?
- DCWV card
- Coffee filters
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey (flowers) Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters (leaves)
- Versamark Ink
- Recollections detail embossing powder: ebony
- Uniball gel impact pen – gold
- Zig chalk writer – pink
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
I am entering this card in the following hops and challenges:
- Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop: http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/09/2015-fall-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/
- The Cat’s Pajamas TCP Tuesday (TCPTUES299) Anything Goes: http://thecatspajamasrs.com/TCP/tcp-tuesday-tcptues299-anything-goes-challenge/
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Ombre (greens) http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3122
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – No designer patterned paper http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-no-designer-paper
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday September 2015 Challenge – Use a stamp
If you missed my post with blog candy, you can find it HERE. There will be another one coming soon, so stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by today. I always appreciate your kind comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.