Good evening! I have just finished another card and wanted to get it in just in case I’m too busy tomorrow morning.
This one was inspired by several things. Last month at the Crafting Desert Divas’ release hop they gave away an adorable coffee mouse digi stamp from Too Cute by Jessica which goes perfectly with the Coffee Lovers blog hop. Their current challenge is ‘favorite color combo.’ (You can find more info HERE.)
Right now my favorite color combo for this card is redish-mauve, tan, brown and cream – which also happen to be a majority of the colors in the current Unruly PaperArts challenge: Coffee and Cream. (You can find the details HERE.)
I also wanted to up-cycle the glasses on the fun LARGE CUPS that I get my venti green tea frappuccinos in:
Yes, it’s brown instead of bright green as I have them add raspberry syrup and green and red = brown! After I was done, I washed the cup and cut out the glasses.
The cute mouse made a perfect candidate for wearing the Starbucks ‘sunglasses’ – something we wear even in fall and winter in Florida – and even my barista knows I like big cups as he’ll sometimes throw my venti into a treinta cup rather than throw away the excess.
I did alter the digi a bit by coloring the nose and feet to make them mauve so they matched better. Then I hand drew dashes and dots around it to frame it. I love how easy Cordinations paper makes embossed images stand out when you sand them! I see that folder as my Venti Green Tea Frappuccinos and my Venti Pumpkin Spiced Lattes! : ) Good thing I’ve learned to make them myself, or I’d go broke!!
- Too Cute by Jessica – Coffee Mouse digi stamp
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Texture Fades embossing folder: On the Go
- DCWV card
- Coredinations The Chocolate Box cardstock: Amaretto
- Neenah Astroparche cardstock: Natural
- Recollections cardstock – maroon
- Copic Marker – R89
- Pigma Micron pen – red
- Papertrey Ink button – Canyon Clay
- Faber-Castell Gelato – red
- Misc. balsa wood doo-dads (they were on long sticks and I cut them off), twine, and adhesives.
This card will be playing along with the following hops and challenges. You can click on the highlighted links to find out more info. on each of them:
- Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop: http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/09/2015-fall-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/
- Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party – Color Combo: http://www.craftindesertdivasblog.com/search/label/Linky%20Party
- Unruly PaperArts September challenge – Coffee & Cream: http://www.unrulypaperarts.com/2015/09/september-2015-reader-art-quest-coffee.html
- Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Tim Holtz, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/stamptember-exclusive-tim-holtz/ On the Go embossing folder
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – No designer patterened paper
Hopefully I will have my blog candy together by the next post – stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by to visit, leaving those encouraging comments and for following my blog if you like what you see – you’re all very much appreciated!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.