Today I’d like to show you a couple of cards that look classy, but were quick and easy to get together:
This technique is SO easy: just heat emboss the stamped image – I was tickled to pull out a stamp that I hadn’t used yet. Next, spread some red, yellow and orange Gelatos over the embossed area and wipe with a baby wipe to mix the colors on the paper.
Then cut out with a pretty Spellbinders die that embosses and de-bosses at the same time. I love using the handy Bow-it-All to make easy and pretty bows. Really Reasonable Ribbon has some great tutorial videos (HERE) showing how to use it (you could easily make your own apparatus to do this).
Ignoring the crooked ribbon on the second card, which do you like better, the black or the gold embossing? I’m still undecided, but leaning toward the gold.
- Tim Holtz stamp: Flutter
- Versamark ink
- Recollections detail embossing powders: gold & ebony
- Faber-Castell Gelatos: Red, oranges and yellows
- Spellbinders Gold labels 4
- DCWV Bella Armoire cards
- Misc. ribbon and adhesives
These cards were inspired by several challenges that I’ll be entering:
- NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) Challenge #5 by djkardcreations, which you can join here: http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html – it’s a stamp I’d never used before!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love this Technique, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3117 I love using Gelatos on heat embossed images!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-die-crazy-2/ Spellbinders Gold 4
- Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday FALL/AUTUMN, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-august-2015/ – Fall colors
- Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Tim Holtz, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/stamptember-exclusive-tim-holtz/ Flutter stamp
Thanks for stopping by – I always appreciate you visitors and followers and your kind comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.