Today I’d like to show you a couple of cards that look classy, but were quick and easy to get together:
This technique is SO easy: just heat emboss the stamped image – I was tickled to pull out a stamp that I hadn’t used yet. Next, spread some red, yellow and orange Gelatos over the embossed area and wipe with a baby wipe to mix the colors on the paper.
Then cut out with a pretty Spellbinders die that embosses and de-bosses at the same time. I love using the handy Bow-it-All to make easy and pretty bows. Really Reasonable Ribbon has some great tutorial videos (HERE) showing how to use it (you could easily make your own apparatus to do this).
Ignoring the crooked ribbon on the second card, which do you like better, the black or the gold embossing? I’m still undecided, but leaning toward the gold.
- Tim Holtz stamp: Flutter
- Versamark ink
- Recollections detail embossing powders: gold & ebony
- Faber-Castell Gelatos: Red, oranges and yellows
- Spellbinders Gold labels 4
- DCWV Bella Armoire cards
- Misc. ribbon and adhesives
These cards were inspired by several challenges that I’ll be entering:
- NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) Challenge #5 by djkardcreations, which you can join here: http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html – it’s a stamp I’d never used before!
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Love this Technique, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3117 I love using Gelatos on heat embossed images!
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Die Crazy, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-die-crazy-2/ Spellbinders Gold 4
- Simon Says Stamp Work-it-Wednesday FALL/AUTUMN, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-august-2015/ – Fall colors
- Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Tim Holtz, which you can find here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/stamptember-exclusive-tim-holtz/ Flutter stamp
Thanks for stopping by – I always appreciate you visitors and followers and your kind comments!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.
I love the text background in the stamp you used, D.Anne, and the die-cut frame behind it sets it off even more beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Hi D. Anne, First of all, all your NBUS entry cards are stunning! With these two, I actually like the black better. It is so striking with that big bold bow! But the other one would be perfect for a more somber message. I love how just changing up the e/p makes a big difference! Thank you so much for playing in my challenge!
And thank you for joining my blog and leaving me this information so I could find you. I will fill in the subscribe box here to get your posts.
Also, I see you had a comment about not being able to post two different cards to the same challenge within one post. In case no one has responded to that, there is a simple way to be able to do that. All you need to do is open a free account with Flickr. Then follow the directions and upload your card there. Once it appears, click on it and it will open larger. Now you have access to the URL up in the address box. Just click and copy that (the same way you do when you are going to link from your post) and go back to the challenge and click the Inlinkz button again. When you get to the appropriate boxes, just paste the URL from Flickr on the line and now you have entered two cards from one post – no more need to make two posts to do it! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!
I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell
Thanks for the great idea! DUH – I shouldda thought of that! : )