I’m back again and have oodles to post, but it may take a while to get it all together, so be patient and check back – or, better still, subscribe so as not to miss any posts!
First up – I was excited to get an e-mail from Simon Says Stamp right before I left that I would be receiving some of their new STAMPtember product. Sure enough, among several ‘happy mail’ packages waiting for me upon my return was one from Simon Says Stamp. Of course they had no way of knowing that Christmas is not a holiday that I celebrate, but there were stamps on the set they sent me (SSS101546) that I was able to use in a different way. Since the next week or so will be extra busy and I don’t know if I’ll get to do much crafting, I tinkered with them today as I wanted Simon Says Stamp to know I’m grateful for their generosity.
I took the graphics and make some fun geometric designs and used the stained-glass watercolor technique on them:
After heat embossing the designs and painting them with Distress Inks, I ran a wash of metallic watercolors over the background – I love the sparkling shine it gives!
(You can even see where I overlapped the design a bit.)
- Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember release SS101546 stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp die SSD111432 Sending
- Technique Tuesday die DISI Hug
- Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor paper
- Versamark Ink
- Recollections detail embossing powder – gold
- Hampton Art red embossing powder
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Bard Door, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade
- Yasutomo metallic watercolors (Hobby Lobby)
- DCWV glitter cards
- Misc. black cardstock and ribbon
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L E-Z runner
I am going to enter both of these cards into the following challenges:
Well, that didn’t work, so the second card is going to be re-posted in the next post. Some day I’ll learn! : )
- Simon Says STAMPtember Wednesday challenge: use a stamp, which you can join here: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-stamptember-stamp-it-challenge-and-blog-hop/
- NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) Challenge #5 by djkardcreations, which you can join here: http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/09/its-here-nbus-challenge-5.html – it’s a brand new stamp set!
Thank your for stopping by today, and for your kind and encouraging comments, which are always appreciated!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.