Today I have something that I did just for fun. Joanne Fink had a couple of free downloads of coloring pages from her Zenspirations coloring books and is offering a prize for coloring them. You can find the details HERE. Coincidentally, today is National Coloring Book day… who knew?! Adult coloring books are very popular right now. They provide a relaxing outlet for creativity and are often recommended by health professionals.
The pages are springboards to jump start your imagination and for you to doodle, Zentangle, and color. Here is the one I chose.
And here is what I did with it: (You can click on any of the pictures to make them larger.)
The hearts and strings reminded me of the song, so I made that the title and then went to town doodling and coloring. It is VERY relaxing! I couldn’t resist adding some multi-media bling to it. There’s some iridescent Creative Medium used with stencils, lots of glitter, sequins, perfect pearls and more…
It’s not perfect and there are several oopsies – my hands aren’t as steady as they once were. One big problem I HAD to fix meant cutting out the main two hearts from the first page I’d started… I was using markers and the cardstock fibers were gumming up. I had so much work in on the hearts I decided to save them… mistakes are opportunities and I like the popped up look of the hearts on the finished project. I love how the Creative medium – on the hearts and under the butterfly – shines against a black background as you turn it in the light! Didja see the piano keys? They were inspired by another artist’s submission. (Kathryn Leonard – Thanks!) And, OF COURSE, there are kitty pawprints and a butterfly, too! >^.^<
- Page from Joanne Fink’s Zenspirations® Abstract & Geometric Designs (HERE)
- STAMPlorations ARTplorations Hearts All Over stencil
- Spellbinders: die – Les Papillions 2, Impressabilities – Floral & Stone
- Prismacolor colored pencils
- Derwent Metallic colored pencils
- Sakura Pigma Micron pens .005 Red & black, .01 and 1 Black
- Sanford Uniball Impact Gold gel pen
- Gelly Roll pen – white
- Imagine Crafts Iridescent Creative Medium: Chartreuse & Pink
- Ranger Inkssentials black embossing pen
- Recollections Ebony Detail Embossing powder
- Martha Stewart Crafts Essential Glitter: Garnet, Tourmaline, Kunzite
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Ranger Stickles – Aqua, Fruit Punch; Distress Stickles – Concord Grape;Ice Sticles – Crystal Ice
- Ranger Liquid Pearls – Dark Chocolate, Lavender; Adirondack Dimensional Pearls – Eggplant
- Recollections gemstone stickers and faux pearls
- K & Company nature gems
- Nicole Spangles flower sequins
- Art Minds flower cap sequins
- Misc. adhesives, glue, sequins
I’m also going to enter this on STAMPlorations August Mixed Media Challenge: http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/08/stencil-sunday-august-2.html
I’m glad you could stop by today. Have a bright and colorful day!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.