Today is Papertrey Ink’s monthly blog hop challenge.
You can find the details HERE. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/07/july-2015-blog-hop.html
The inspiration photo given for our projects:
Using the butterflies and those colors, I came up with this card:
Believe it or not, the flowers were COLORED with BLEACH!
First I used clear embossing on the wine cardstock, then lightly dabbed the tips of the petals with a Q-tip dipped in bleach to lighten the color. Don’t worry if it takes away too much… you can always add color back in later. If you’re at all like me, be sure to wear old clothes… no matter how careful I am, bleach always seems to get away from me UNLESS I’m wearing old clothes that it doesn’t matter! : )
- Papertrey Ink In Bloom stamp set
- Note to self: next time, cut out with dies FIRST, then stamp! (I ended up fussy cutting them because lining them up was such a pain.)
- Papertrey Ink Swoosh dies
- Spellbinders dies: Les Papillions & Les Papillions 2
- Versamark Ink
- JoAnn Craft Essentials Clear Embossing Powder
- Martha Stewart Crafts Metallic Glass Microbeads
- Copic markers G02, RV34
- Misc. cardstock and adhesives
- Bleach, Q-tips
If you want to hop along with the Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge, you can get all the details here: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/07/july-2015-blog-hop.html
I am also entering this card in the following challenges:
- Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday – Die Cuts: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/work-it-wednesday-july-2015/
- Simon Says Stamp Wedenday Challenge – Sparkle and Shine: http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-sparkle-and-shine/
- Spellbinder’s Spotlight Sunday on Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/5iiHhzLyAt/?taken-by=teamspellbinders
Click on the links of any of the links above if you’d like to play along, too.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Have a lovely day!
p.s. Any ads you may see are placed by WordPress and are not endorsed by me.